Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Steve[_13_] Steve[_13_] is offline

Default Spicy Aztec Hot Chocolate Help

http://coffeetea.about.com/od/chocol.../aztecchoc.htm

> You could try an artificially sweetened cocoa mix and add the spices.

That is what I need help with. I am inexperienced with converting
amounts for "fresh" ingredients into amounts for dry ingredients.

I've successfully used organic cocoa powder with ginger, and a pinch of
stevia extract to kil lthe bitterness. I would like to get rid of the
sweetener altogether. I'm hoping the spices will reduce the
bitterness of plain cocoa powder. I just need an idea of how much of
each spice to start with. I want to use dried spices so I can make it
at work. The aforementioned combo works fine with the tea spigot I
have at work.