Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara Tara is offline

Default Cottage Cheese with Cukes -- My New Favorite

I have never cared much for cottage cheese (except during my
pregnancy, when I craved cottage cheese and yogurt). I've only tried
it by itself or with fruit. My feelings about it were -- eh, if you
served it to me I would eat enough to curb my hunger. Not bad, not
great.

I read a mention of cottage cheese and cucumber and suddenly that
sounded so good to me. I chopped up a cucumber and lightly salted it.
I tossed the cucumber with cottage cheese and mixed in ground pepper.
It's so good! Such a simple thing to have never tried before. Now
I'm really craving it. Maybe add a dash of Tabasco sauce next time,
maybe add some tomato or carrots.

Tara