Dan Abel

Default Voters get the politicians they deserve.

In article >, "rmp"
> wrote:

> "NTANTIQUES" > wrote in message
> > snipped attribution for Dan Abel
> > >I'm really sad for the voters of California (of which I am one). How
> > >could they kick out someone who they re-elected less than a year ago, who
> > >has done nothing different that I could see since he was elected, and

> then
> > >vote in some actor?

> > You summed up the feelings of our California household very well ... We're
> > sickened that a movie star with absolutely no workable plan to resolve the
> > economic problems of California has unseated a duly elected official who's

> only
> > flaw was that he wasn't a charasmatic celebrity figure.

> It is selfish, nimby voters who want everything for nothing who created this
> situtation. Don't blame Arnold.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I blame the voters the most. However, the main
problem with Governor Gray Davis was that he wasn't a Republican. The
Republicans wanted their own man in office, and when they didn't get that,
they launched this recall.

Arnold was on the radio this morning, and says that President Bush called
him and said he would do whatever to help Arnold. Arnold said that he
plans to ask lots of favors of President Bush. When California was
floundering in the energy crisis, President Bush refused to do a thing.
Part of the money problems the state is having is due to the state
government paying billions of dollars for energy contracts to keep the
lights on in the state. This despite the fact that there was plenty of
energy available, and we were actually using less energy than in previous
years. These billions of dollars went to Enron and other friends of Bush,
who were manipulating the energy market.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University