Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant Michael Plant is offline

Default Tasting techniques (and Q re finger tap thank you)

11/7/06

> Ah yes, it's not the concept of how tea feels in the mouth that seems
> to send me into a beserker Viking rage, just the word "mouthfeel".
> Perhaps "rage" is a bit strong. Maybe it's more of a beserker Viking
> niggle. Surely even Vikings had niggles.

Yes, I understood. Actually, I'm not fond of
buzz words either, especial those commonly
applied to tea. We're on the same page. Still
guilty, though.

Anybody here know how far the finger tap
on the table to signify "thank you" extends
into other areas of Chinese culture? That
is, is this signal commonly used in other
context beyond tea? Just curious?

Michael