Posted to alt.food.wine
Hunt Hunt is offline

Default TN: Rioja, Trentino, WA, Loire, Chile, Burgundy

In article <gY24h.4467$3r6.1004@trndny09>, says...

>"UC" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Professor wrote:
>>> "UC" > wrote in message
>>> ups.com...

>>> Michael, just a heads up, your ass is showing again.

>> I have 'enjoyed' Chilean wines from time to time, and found them
>> exceedingly undistinguished.

>You haven't had the right ones. Saying they're all bad broadcasts your
>ignorance.

Professor, not to be overly supportive of Mr Scarpetti, but I have had less
than stellar luck with the wines of Chile. Of course, I have not tasted them
all, but of the myriad number, that I have tasted, there is only one, that I
would actually buy again. Most of these have come to me at various tastings,
and almost all of the rest have actually been given to me by retailers, and
distributors, who have all said, "you'll love this Chilean. It's a great value
at US$xx. How can you go wrong?" With the one exception of the Santa Rita Casa
Real Cab/Bdx, all have exhibited major faults, judged by my palete. Obviously,
I cannot say that all are plonk, but of the hundreds that I've tasted, all but
one were.

Hunt