Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally Kate Connally is offline

Default What's a good price for turkey?

maxine in ri wrote:

> wrote:
>
>>What's considered a good price per pound for a Butterball turkey?

> Depends on where you live. Used to be in a medium sized community with
> 2 or 3 chain stores, the price war would drag them downt o 29 cents a
> pound.
>
> This year, they want you to spend $500 to get a free turkey and
> whatever else you can buy for $50 that they allow you.
>
> maxine in ri

I remember the turkey price wars in Pittsburgh in the late 80's
maybe early 90's. I've paid as little as $.25/lb. for a large
bird. But for at least the last 10 years they don't really
do that any more. Although they still get relatively cheaper
about a week before T-day. I sure miss the old days of the
turkey price wars. Sigh.

Kate

--
Kate Connally