Posted to alt.food.wine
Professor Professor is offline

Default Rioja, Trentino, WA, Loire, Chile, Burgundy

I made the swordfish with tomato sauce, onions, garlic, pine nuts, currants,
Gaeta olives, capers, orange zest, parsley, thyme and red pepper flakes.
I served it with broccoli rabe in garlic, lemon and Parmesan. We liked
both and they went well with our $8 bottle of 2005 Meridian Pinot Grigio
(I know, very cheap but great wine for the price).

The dish is Mediterranean, but I still have Piedmont on the brain. Wednesday
I'll try to create a simple Northern Italian version of the same idea using
#1 tuna pounded flat and wrapped around baby spinach, ricotta and herbs
baked in a red pepper sauce. Tomorrow night we're dining at Aujourd'hui,
the restaurant at the Four Seasons for their Epicurean Feast Series -
A Piedmont Feast with Truffle, Risotto and Barbaresco.

oups.com...