Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Rioja, Trentino, WA, Loire, Chile, Burgundy

Santiago wrote:
> However, I can only think of this wine as a traditional wine. What is that
> make you think of it like a midpoint between both styles?

Santiago,
I think of traditional Rioja as more like La Rioja Alta or LdHeredia
(no toasty oak flavors) . This to me has that obvious new French oak
edge, but not too oaky nor is it heavily extracted. For my tastes it is
more balanced than some of the more modern producers (or the Torre Muga
for that matter).

I remember you're not a LdH fan. I do like the traditional style, but I
also like the Prado Enea and for that matter some truly modern wines
such as some Artadis.