Posted to alt.food.wine
Santiago[_1_] Santiago[_1_] is offline

Default TN: Rioja, Trentino, WA, Loire, Chile, Burgundy

"DaleW" > wrote in news:1162760270.697225.315320
@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> 1995 Muga Prado Enea Rioja Gran Riserva
> Nice to see this old friend. Straddles the line between modern and
> traditional, with medium body, red fruit, some leather and cigarbox.
> Good finish, balanced. Kind of Rioja meets Medoc. A-/B+

Dale,

nice to see you enjoyed this Prado Enea. In october 2004 I attended a
tasting of all the range of Bodegas Muga and this is my tasting note:

Prado Enea GR 1995: red garnet with brick in the rim. A bit cloudy but we
were said it had been bottled a few days ago. Fine reduction in the nose,
with cherries in licquor, liquorize, a few balsamics. Tannins resolved and
great acidity over the oak notes. A bit short. No defects in the form of
old/dirty oak, wet fur and so on. The only wine from the tasting that I
would consider buying.

However, I can only think of this wine as a traditional wine. What is that
make you think of it like a midpoint between both styles?

Best,

Santiago