Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cyndi Cyndi is offline

Default Thanksgiving Gravy Nightmares

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 19:29:30 GMT, "Cyndi"
> > wrote:
>
>>We call it
>>"White Wine Gravy". It's quite tasty, the recipe is always asked for and
>>the gravy itself is always requested for the holidays.

> Did you forget to include the recipe?
>

> ==========

Okay.... It's all done by taste and feel....

Slightly brown some flour. Add equal amount of butter. Stir in white wine
and later, some milk. Let reduce, season (hmmm... this changes a little bit
because I never remember to write down what I did the last time...LOL):
salt, pepper, Everglades Heat, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage, and sometimes
oregano. Oh, a sprinkle of whatever Penzeys seasoning is handy, too!
Repeat if necessary due to all of the numerous tastings.

That's the basics. Maybe this year I'll actually attempt to write it down
as I make it.

Cyndi