Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri maxine in ri is offline

Default What's a good price for turkey?

Pete C. wrote:
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> > Nonsense:
> >
> > "A hunter was shot in the chest today by his hunting partner, while hunting
> > state land near East Drywell. State police have not yet released the name of
> > the victim".
> >
> > That's usually how they read here. That's not overhyped. That's a line in a
> > newspaper, silly.

> They are over hyped as I stated in an attempt to make it seem like if
> you go hunting you'll have a 90% chance of being shot when the reality
> is you have better chance of winning Powerball than being shot while
> hunting.
>
> Pete C.

Mathematic illiteracy. If there are 10,000 hunters, and one gets shot
(be it by bullet or arrow) in the season, then the chances of being
shot are far higher than winning Powerball. If there are a million
hunters and one gets shot, the odds are still better than your odds of
winning any of the big payout lotteries.

maxine in ri