Socks

Default Alton put the meat right on the coals!

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 04:09:02 +0000, Isaac Wingfield wrote:

> Pretty neat, I thought; I like fast-cooked beef, seared outside, nice
> and rare inside. But I have a gas grill, with "lava rocks".
>
> Can I put the skirt steak right on them?

i'd think not. the lump charcoal he used was burning down to a brand new
(and "clean") ash. it hadn't been used in multiple barbecues and picked
up all their juices.

just crank your gas grill to maximum power - let it reach its highest
temperature (closed), and then cook the steak quickly on the grill (open
or closed, whatever works best for you).

(or buy an inexpensive charcoal grill for doing steaks)