Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
dave kelley dave kelley is offline

Default Celebration & Refrigeration

In article >,
ers (Joel) wrote:

> Travelin Man > wrote:
> >1). Yesterday, I picked up my annual case of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.
> >But this 2006 batch seems plenty different then several years past. I
> >noticed very little "hoppiness". Not that it tastes bad, it doesn't. But, to
> >me, it tastes, maybe, more like a straight ale, then an IPA. Has anybody
> >else noticed this? Does anyone know what the IBUs are of this 2006 brew?

> Just picked up my first case yesterday. Haven't taken the
> opportunity to try one yet.
> However, for those keeping score, I'd swear the shade of red
> on the label is a bit darker than in previous years.

The label is very different than in previous years, including a red
border. (Yes, I have 6 years of cellared SNCA, so I checked.)

At first sip, I thought the flavor was a bit different this year, too.
Of course, I think that every year. One thing for sure - the SNCA that's
on draft right now is much more interesting to my palate than the
bottle. I expected just the opposite.

It's entirely possible that I'm less bowled-over by SNCA this year than
in the past because my palate's been broadened.

As the man says, further research is indicated. Think I'll start now.

dave in austin