Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Paul Sherwin Paul Sherwin is offline

Default pain reliever + beer

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 23:02:12 +0000, LT wrote:

> I've never thought of pain killers of any type as preventative, or take
> pre-pain.
> (is that a word?) I've got arthritis in one knee I do a fair amount of
> running. (gotta work of those beer calories ya know) I've got a standing
> prescription for Indocin, which is really powerful, but I hate taking it
> because it makes me loopy. Not the nice loopy like vicodin, but just dizzy.
> Maybe I'll try your suggestion on that one.

Indometacin (Indocin) is a prescription only anti inflammatory drug used
to treat arthritis. Ibuprofen has a similar action but is less powerful
with fewer side effects. You could try taking over the counter ibuprofen
and see how much it helps, but you should really discuss this with your
doctor. Don't take the two drugs at the same time unless your doctor tells
you to.

Some people advocate taking an ibuprofen dose before going to bed after a
heavy session. The anti inflammatory action reduces brain inflammation
which is the cause of some hangover headaches.

Paul