Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Will Vaughan Will Vaughan is offline

Default Any tips on getting home brew beer to clear quickly

> wrote :
> I'm brewing a pale ale using light malt extract, hops (fuggles) and
> crystal malt. I keg it. It tastes great and retains the head but it's
> very slow to clear. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm assuming you mean its cloudy when its settled, not that the
its the initial carbonation.

Did you add Irish Moss to the last 15 minutes of the boil? Always
worked well for me. Secondly, I always do a secondary fermentation
of pulling the wort off the yeast cake and let it clear in the secondary
vessel at least 2 days (usually a week) before bottling it (I don't
keg). Finally, I siphon that into a seperate bottling bucket before.

Hope this helps