Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Scott[_3_] Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Any tips on getting home brew beer to clear quickly

It's been a long time since I did it, but if I recall, it worked pretty
good...

I think what I did was right after I siphoned the beer from the
fermenting bin to the "settling" bin, I made up about 1 or 2 cups of
warm water and clear gelatin (like clear Jello) and poured it in and
vigorously stirred it around. Seems the yeast would stick to the
gelatin and then gelatin would sink to the bottom. Then I think I let
it all sit in the settling bin for a few days before bottling. I'm sure
there is a reference to it in one of my brewing books, so I'll take a
look and see if I can find it.

Scott