Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
snpm snpm is offline

Default ferment stuck solid...seeking advice suggestions

Hi all, thought I'd put this to the group....

23l apple wine from crushed fruit, champagne yeast, with nutrient at
startup. Went well in primary , transferred to secondary glass carboy
at ten days, only to stop bubbling. SG was rechecked, it was 1030. No
joy after two weeks (room temp 75 constant) so added yeast nutrient. No
joy after another two weeks so added new champagne yeast (stirred in,
no starter made). Bubbled feebly for about 24 hrs then quit. SG still
1030. I dont want to waste this much wine until I've tried everything
you guys' best suggestions would have me do, so can anyone advise me
what I should try next?

Thanks guys

Sean