Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Ray Calvert Ray  Calvert is offline

Default avdice to novice, first batch with grapes, cab savi

Two weeks is pretty short for oak contact but then it depends on your taste.
I know some who do not want oak to touch their wine and others who want it
to taste like sawn timber. I would use more. As far as clarifiers, Red
grape wine seldom, very seldom needs to be clarified. It should clear on
it's own. I would get some oak cubes (not flakes) and add it so a carboy
and let it sit on it for 3 months or more. But then I just bought my first
barrel! After 25 years of wine making? ;o)

Always try something new.

Ray

ups.com...