Reg

Default How do you make your food cost expenses go further?

Peter Aitken wrote:

> Another way to save money is to avoid buying pointless gadgets like the
> foodsaver. I am sure it saves time but it does not do anything that careful
> wrapping cannot do.

I couldn't disagree more. This may be true for your average cut of meat,
but not for all products. I'm bagging up 50 lbs of smoke-dried tomatillos
today. You couldn't possibly get much air out of the bags without
a vacuum sealer, and removing all that air extends the life of the
product by years.