Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet OmManiPadmeOmelet is offline

Default does baileys go bad if not refrigerated?

In article . com>,
"scottdanzig" > wrote:

> Ward Abbott wrote:
> > On 29 Oct 2006 01:43:07 -0700, "s" > wrote:
> >
> > >i know this liquor is described as a 'cream' but can it go bad if it
> > >has all that alcohol in it?
> > >
> > >does it need to be refrigerated when stored unopened? why does it
> > >have an expiry date?

> > We don't use Baileys much. I had a bottle that had to have been at
> > least five years old. I got it out one night for after dinner
> > drinks at someone's request.
> >
> > IT WAS absolutely spoiled. As soon as I opened the bottle, the
> > contents smelled worst that spoiled milk. We don't buy big bottles
> > any longer.

> There is a bit of a hole in your story. How did you manage to let
> Bailey's sit that long? Impossible.
>
> - Scott

<snork> A small bottle of baileys will last about 2 weeks around here.
Both my dad and I like it as a dessert. About 1/2 shot each, sipped
slllooowwwlllyyy!

Alas, it's going to be awhile before anymore booze is allowed in the
house. <sigh> I'm going to give it a good month then see what happens.

The biggest problem is that I'm having a helluva time sleeping, even
using Melatonin. :-( I'm going to make up a batch of catnip and
chamomile tea today and try that.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.