notbob

Default How do you make your food cost expenses go further?

On 2004-06-03, Peter Aitken > wrote:

> stuff on sale and freezing it for a few weeks hardly requires a vacuum
> packing tool.

You ever try wrapping whole hops in butcher paper? Ain't gonna happen.

I realize a FoodSaver seems gadgety. I pooh-poohed them for years. But,
having observed friends with them, I've come to realize these units are not
just a gimmick, but a serious tool. The food industry has been using vacuum
packaging for years and with good reason. There's no reason the homemaker
should be denied the same technology. Besides, I'm freezer-paper-wrapping
challenged.

nb
--
Be considerate of others and