Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Need chili for chili dogs (coneys)

Default User said...

> I've tried those, not to my taste. Oscar Mayer had some sort of
> "original recipe" dogs, but I haven't seen them in the stores recently.

Oscar Meyer and Ball Park have the bite consistency of biting into warm
cream cheese. It's disgusting. There's no resistance. You really don't even
need to actually chew those dogs, unless you add something as a topping
that has crunch to it. Maybe even chili might add more crunch!?!?

It's either nathan's or hebrnew national. YMMV.

Andy