byakee

Default Barb's Brownies failures ain't Barb's fault!

Hark! I heard "Felice Friese" > say:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article <tpmvc.31272$pt3.22184@attbi_s03>, "Felice Friese"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Poor Barb! Day after day she has to read headers about "her" brownies
> > > failing!
> > >
> > > Whatever happened to the OP's attempt, I doubt it had anything to do
> > > with the recipe. I've made them often (more often than necessary)
> > > and they are always great. Some may adjust the degree of sweetness
> > > or chocolateness, but even with such minor variations they're the
> > > best brownies going.
> > >
> > > Three cheers for Barb!

Hurrah!

> > Aw shucks. You're buttering me up for a jar of rhubarb-mango jam, I'll
> > bet. You rascal, you!

> Oh, Barb! Don't tell me you're one of those who wreck helpless foods by
> combining them with rhubarb. Unless you give a stalk to the kids to dip in a
> bit of sugar, you should leave it in the garden where it belongs.

Hey now, some rhubarb recipes are good -- here's one that I *love*,
makes me wish we had some rhubarb plants:

Rhubarb Crunch

Crump Topping:
1 C. flour
¾ C. quick cook oats
1 C. brown sugar
1 C. melted butter or margarine
1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine in medium bowl and mix well. Press half into bottom of greased
9" X 13" baking dish. Cover with:

4 C. diced rhubarb

Sauce:
1 C. white sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 C. water
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sauce is clear
and thickened. Pour over rhubarb and top with spoonfuls of remaining
crumb topping. Bake at 350° F. for one hour. Serve warm or cold.

--
J.J. in WA (Change COLD to HOT for e-mail)
~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~