hahabogus

Default How do you make your food cost expenses go further?

> Another way to save money is to avoid buying pointless gadgets like
> the
>> foodsaver. I am sure it saves time but it does not do anything that
>> careful wrapping cannot do.

I find it takes less time to use the food saver than to carefully wrap.
I find the foodsaver's bags are thicker and less puncuture resistant.
I find that bulk food purchases frozen in meal portion sized packages using
the food saver last longer in the freezer.

Of course the initial out lay for the machine does take several grocery
store sales to recover. And purchasing bag material is an ongoing expense.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.