Posted to rec.food.cooking
Little Malice Little Malice is offline

Default Need chili for chili dogs (coneys)

One time on Usenet, JD > said:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > On 23 Oct 2006 23:59:11 -0700, "projectile vomit chick"
> > > wrote:

> >> Frankenstuffs! I seem to remember one stuffed with cheese, as well.

> > Yeah, I was actually looking for those this past summer. Cheesy hot
> > dogs were pretty good. Now I don't eat hot dogs at all. I'm going to
> > try one of the Kosher brands, because (I hope) they don't have a lot
> > of strange crud in them.

IIRC, Hebrew National was a top pick by Consumer Reports, about
15 years ago. Yes, I've let my subscription lapse. :-)

> Have you tried Nathan's? I don't think they're kosher but they taste
> like the hot dogs of my long ago youth. The kosher Sinai 48 dogs at
> Costco are "ok". If you live in Washington state there's a local brand,
> Hempler's, that's pretty decent.

She doesn't, but I do -- I hadn't heard of them. What store(s) should
I be checking? TIA...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~