Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Need chili for chili dogs (coneys)

Barb said...

>> Jerome Ranch wrote:
>> > I've a hankering for a chili dog, but I can' seem to find a proper
>> > chili. In local stores, I once was able to locate a chili

especially
>> > for chili dogs, and it was very good..but it is not stocked anymore.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> > Thanks
>> > Jerry

> Plain old canned beanless chili is my favorite for really fast, down &
> dirty chili dawgs. Usually there's a store brand, otherwise dennisons
> or hormel makes one. Sometime I add extra burger to it. Gotta be
> beanless chili, tho.
>
> Aloha!
>
> Barb

Sorry to piggyback on your post.

What's with chili on hotdogs?!? For centuries folks have gotten along
fine with sauerkraut, mustard and relish.

Where and when did chili meet the hotdog and bun? And why? It sounds
almost as distatesful a tuna fish and bean burrito!

Is it the lemmings behaviorial syndrome at work?!?

Giants: 7 Dallas: 0

Andy