Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell Leonard Blaisdell is offline

Default Shotguns was: Mashed Turnips

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> I've been doing my homework. :-)
>
> And I know it's going to be time consuming... but everyone needs a hobby.
> Other than cooking, I've pretty much given up all other hobbies in
> favor of target practicing due to the (very well known) expense.

If you want to do trap or skeet on the dirt cheap, buy a hunting
license. You will shoot far less shells, spend no money on club fees,
see far more angles of target acquisition, see far more target speeds
and have something to eat when you're done if you're lucky. Travel
expenses can mount up though depending on how far you travel to shoot
upland or migratory game. Use your dad's semi-auto.
When you start shooting trap or skeet, you'll find people who do it so
they can shoot birds better. You'll hear the conversation. You may be
drawn to the dark side. Be careful out there.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>