Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Shotguns was: Mashed Turnips

In article >, says...
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > I was informed (thru a lot of reading) that my .357 magnum Ruger Redhawk
> > pistol was actually rather dangerous for home defense purposes. That
> > whole issue of over-penetration and the danger of collateral damage
> > scares the crap out of me. I care more than that.

> Try loading it with 158 grain .38 Special soft lead hollowpoints. Use
> +P's if the Redhawk has a short barrel. You want a muzzle velocity of
> about 900 fps.
>
> That's what I use in my S&W K-frame, although I haven't figured out what
> powder to use for the least muzzle flash. (You don't have to reload
> them; Federal sells 'em, but they are sometimes hard to find.)
>
> I wouldn't choose a .357 Magnum for home defense because if I ever have
> to use it I probably won't have be wearing hearing protection.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

I have a bazooka, a 20mm AA gun, a case of grenades, a 4 barrel 10 gauge
shotgun loaded with bowling balls, a BB gun, a 24 pounder loaded with
grape, a samurai sword, a blackjack, and a large box of witty insults
ready to be hurled.

So there!

Sad gun nuts, so afraid of the world that they have to keep guns around
to feel safe. Don't forget to take it out every night and fondle it.

Gawd, I am so glad that I am not so fearful.

--
Peter Aitken
Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at