Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet OmManiPadmeOmelet is offline

Default Shotguns was: Mashed Turnips

#4 buckshot is considered to be the smallest load that is effective and
reduces the wall penetration problem. Most people endorse the use of 00
buckshot.

You may as well use a 9mm. ;-)

Gabriel Suarez recommends #7 1/2 or #8 birdshot for close range indoor
use, or #4 buckshot.

But, I've only read one book so far on using a shotgun for home defense.

"The Tactical Shotgun" By Suarez.

He's a retired LAPD.

Every other tactical manual I've read so far stresses the moral and
legal implications of pistol (and rifle) ammo for the over-penetration
issue.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.