Dan Goodman

Default How do you make your food cost expenses go further?

(Pat) wrote in news:a019e679.0406011820.5791d291
@posting.google.com:

> What are the best tips you've ever read and been recommended so far
> and also regularly practice, relating to how your family has made and
> regularly makes it's money go a lot further than it ever used to, when
> it comes to all your weekly food - drink purchases / expenses, if you
> have a family to look after, or when you did.

I'm single, but I eat on a lot less money than many people.

Cook from scratch as much as possible. I don't make my own spaghetti;
but I don't buy canned spaghetti. And I don't usually buy canned beans;
I cook up dried beans.

Note: Making beans this way is not complicated. It takes time, which
isn't the same thing.

Eat poultry more than meat -- it's cheaper, and probably also healthier.

Find out if there's a Fare For All program (or equivalent) in your area.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal