Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet OmManiPadmeOmelet is offline

Default Bees in my wall

In article .com>,
"maxine in ri" > wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet said...
> >
> > > <cough>
> > >
> > > Insects are not protected by animal control laws...
> > > At least not where _I_live! :-)

> > I had yellow jackets that hived underground by the front steps. I know
> > the county animal control guys and they said I couldn't gas and burn them
> > out because they were protected. I forget how I got rid of them.

> Yellow Jackets protected?? Those are the guys that our local extension
> says to wait until sundown, and spray the living daylights out of the
> nest.
>
> They are pollinators, but too close to human habitation, you are
> allowed to exterminate if you can't move em any other way.
>
> maxine in ri

I actually leave yellow jackets (mud daubers and paper wasps) alone for
the most part, unless the nests are near a doorway or in a location
where I get attacked.

They are one of the best defenses against hornworms.

I do, however, kill tarantula wasps on sight!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.