Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Bees in my wall

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:48:42 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-10-22, sf <sf> wrote:
>
>> Apparently that scare has pooped out. They become more docile the
>> further north they go.

>????
>
>Where did you hear that, sf?

Not sure. Couldn't have been "the news". It was somewhere... maybe
Discovery. One of those things that I heard, but wasn't a big news
story. It just said that the bee scare hasn't turned out to be as bad
as they thought it would be because as they interbreed, they become
more docile.

>Last I heard there was a hive discovered
>down near Monterey. That's starting to get pretty close and I've
>heard nothing about them taking 4 o'clock tea, just yet.
>
>OTOH, I just found this. Note the "artificial selection" part:
>
>http://www.pbs.org/saf/1204/features/bees4.htm

Good news! With the devastation of European honey bees here (not due
to africanation) we need a heartier bee population for pollination
purposes.

Thanks
--
See return address to reply by email