Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Bees in my wall

OmManiPadmeOmelet said...

> <cough>
>
> Insects are not protected by animal control laws...
> At least not where _I_live! :-)

I had yellow jackets that hived underground by the front steps. I know
the county animal control guys and they said I couldn't gas and burn them
out because they were protected. I forget how I got rid of them.

Never got stung but, you know, I don't think anybody gets used to bees
except beekeepers.

> A working hive can have monetary value.

Probably a good idea to put a few bee boxes outside the wall in the yard
and go into the biz.

Ages ago, a friend and I were drinking Jack Daniels outside on Mt.
Diablo, California and a bee landed on my lip. I froze and waited for it
to fly away. Instead, it began to walk into one of my nostrils!!! I
forced a sneeze and ran as fast as I could!!!

Andy