Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.med,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jason Johnson Jason Johnson is offline

Default Salad? -- E-Coli, Tb, Leprosy Dressing?

In article .com>,
"Robert1" > wrote:

-L. wrote:
> They will never come out and say so, but it is far more likely that the
> virulent E. coli *is* from other humans. What makes me sick won't
> necessarily make *you* sick if it is an endemic strain in your system.
> The media will never report it as so, because A.) There is no way to
> track which workers worked in which fields and shit there and B.) It
> would be "politically incorrect" to do so, since the government (and
> those who contribute to their re-election funds) has interest in
> keeping cheap, foreign labor. It's much easier to blame cows.

Not true with Ecoli 0157. It is pathogenic and everyone gets sick if
they have it. It is not normal flora in humans. It is common in cows.
Epidemiology is not politically driven. The most common contamination
is from beef ie cows.
Again check the CDC site for facts concerning strain 0157. It is not
normal flora and no human carriers. This E coli is enteroinvasive and
causes disease when present in humans.
Unless you consider a recent worker coming in from far away with
diarrhea tracks from the country of origin into the fields, the
asymptomatic carrier working in the fields does not exist. It commonly
exists in cows.
As for cheap labor, Canada also brings in a lot of people from Mexico
to the fields up there.
It is an official binational workers program. It is what the president
here is asking for.
Take out Scimed from your cross-posting as it seems you guys are not
working on any medical facts but emotional basic instincts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You made me laugh when you stated that Epidemiology is not politically driven.
AIDS and HIV were treated in a different way than Syphillis and Gonorrhea
were treated. Those employees that worked in clinics were required to
notify anyone that had had sex with people that had Syphillis and
Gonorrhea. For politically reasons, those same employees were not allowed
to even ask people that had HIV the names of the people that they had had
sex with. As a result AIDS spread quickly to thousands of people.
Decisions related to AIDS were based more on politics thand epidemiology.
Jason