Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default clam linguini recipe(s)

Andy wrote:
> Little Malice said...
>
> > Ooooh, weird coincidence! I'm making this Friday night for dinner.
> > We were going to have it tonight, but the guys wanted foil babies,
> > (aka Hobo dinners). Anyway, this is my recipe for linguini w/clams,
> > originally from my wok cookbook and adapted by us rfc-ers -- I
> > couldn't say if this is how it's "supposed" to be done, but it
> > sure tastes good:

Might well be good, but I wouldn't think of making a milk sauce. Nor
do I add parmesan cheese. Mine is simply:

Put the pasta pot of water on to boil.
Chop 2 large cloves garlic.
Optional: chop about the same amount of shallots if you have them
on hand.
Chop a handful of flat leaf parsley.

When water boils, put in linguini and heat a pan over medium-low heat..
It should be large enough to contain the cooked linguini. Add 3 TB
olive oil, garlic, shallots, and two pinches of dried red pepper
flakes. Cook until soft but not browned. Add a splash of white wine
or dry vermouth and raise the heat to bring it to a boil. When it has
reduced somewhat, add the juice from a can of clams and return the heat
to medium so contents are just bubbling. Check the linguini for
doneness, and when it is cooked but still has a little resistance to
the bite in its center, drain it. Add the clams to the pan, stir, then
add the pasta. Toss, add the parsley, and toss again. Serve
immediately. -aem