Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default cost of wine to the environment

Jef,
I try pretty hard to get my shippers to retailers with a mail order
business. They're usually quite happy to reuse (in one case when I
delivered about 8 shippers at once as I was leaving an owner called me
back to give me a sample bottle as thanks).

I think it behooves every business, small or large, to think what they
can do to reduce enviromental harm.

I admit I mostly buy a lot of biodynamic or organically farmed* wines
due to liking the wines, but it's an added benefit if less damaging,
and if all other factors are equal I will chose the wine I regard as
more responsible.

Thanks Emery for link
Dale

* I'm differing between organically-farmed and wines that are certified
organic in US. I seldom buy the latter, too many spoilage issues.