Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_7_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_7_] is offline

Default Baked sweet potato fries?

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:42:05 +0100, wrote:
>
> >Lots of times I have deep fried sweet potato cut as chips. They taste
> >great. They don't need as long as "normal" potatoes.
> >
> >Steve

> No energy for that right now. This is post surgical hip replacement,
> and my friend is not much of a cook. I need baked, and as easy as
> possible... Thanks anyway.
>
> Christine

Hrm... Well, it'd not hurt to try them.
Mom used to make "fried" potatoes by baking.

She'd coat them with cooking oil and sprinkle some seasoning on them,
then bake on a cookie sheet until they were crisped at about 425.

Worked for spuds but I've never tried it with yams. Too wet.

Honestly, I tend to use the deep fryer when I'm feeling lazy. :-)

It's easy, and fast.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.