Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_7_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_7_] is offline

Default Baked sweet potato fries?

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> Hiya all,
>
> Dinner for tonight is sort of planned... the infamous roast chicken
> with lemons, salad (romaine, cucumber, red onion, tomato, with
> vinagrette dressing of some sort.
>
> I have some sweet potatoes here...I was going to roast them, but my
> friend was saying she loved sweet potato fries. I am thinking baked
> fries, sorta..or thin wedges.... Has anyone done this?

I deep fry them. :-)

"Fry" cut them fairly fine. Fry them until they start to brown (about 3
minutes). Take them out and coat with a light coating of corn starch
then toss them back into the hot oil for another 1 to 2 minutes. Just
until they crisp.

Remove to drain and sprinkle (LIGHTLY!!!) with your choice of spices. I
use a salt free fajita spice mix.

I use a deep fryer.

> I have all my cookbooks, and maybe I will get the energy later on to
> look through them to find a recipe of the sort I want. But for now,
> I will ask here to see what you all have to say.
>
> Christine

Yam fries are the gods........ ;-d
--
Peace, Om