Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Wayne Lundberg Wayne Lundberg is offline

Default Texas hili vs birria

Ahhhh.... Paul.... you have made my day... again!

So true. For a Sunday with the family and friends and little time in the
kichen, and a lot of time in the eating, the Dona Maria is a true solution.
What with so many condiments already at the reach in so many stores, thanks
to the great marketing by the Herdez and Clemente Jaques people.... it
really is a simple matter of having a nice glass of wine nearby, sipping
from time to time, and putting it together.

In fact, right now, I'm getting ready for my wife to come home after her
Flamenco Dance Class and have things ready for her to sit in her favorite
chair and watch her favorite novela.... a substitute for a few friends in
the house to enjoy the goodies... I told her to bring a homelsss person!

On the counter in the kitchen are refried beans from last Sunday's pressure
cooker bonanza lasting until today (slightly fermenting due to time, but OK
because of regrigeration), diced onion, deep fried thin slices of bacon, the
grease used to make the refried beans, tostadas, cheeses, lettuce, avocado,
sliced tomatoes, rajas de jalapeno..... wine, beer, Tequila, aguardiente if
one wants anything stronger than a good jalapeno burst.

We'll spend the rest of the day in occasional trists to the kitchen,
occasional pauses on the new HDTV pre-recorded novelas, a bit of teasing,
maybe some mutual affection stuff.... and a lot of thanking God and Mother
Nature for our gifts silently and without invading the other person's
beliefs or thoughts.

This is the start of a great weekend!

Bye

Wayne

"Paul Covey" > wrote in message
> Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> > "Paul Covey" > wrote in message
> >

> > Thank you Paul... and for those of you following these threads, here is

that
> > infamous blood curling post:
> > .

> That was an excellent one, but the even more blood curling post I was
> thinking of was:> Mole is for festive events. Doing it right takes a bit
> of effort and time.
> > Using a mole sauce such as Dona Maria or other, found on most US

supermarket
> > shelves, will save time, but is only the beginning.
> >
> > Select the oldest turkey from your flock, the one that is no longer any

use
> > to the harem, and slaughter him. Drain the blood and pluck all the

feathers,
> > burning off the little fluffy feathers over a fire. Cut him up and put

> > boil, slowly allow to simmer. While the old turkey is tenderizing, make

your
> > mole sauce using the bottled salsa by adding to sautéed onion and

garlic,
> > thin with the broth from the turkey and when you feel it's right,

combine
> > the two and let the thinned sauce combine with the turkey for at least

two
> > hours more.
> >
> > Traditional mole dinners include red rice, beans, corn tortillas,

salsas,
> > tequila and beer, soda and fruit juices for the younger set.
> >
> > The whole family should be involved in the process and the meal should

be