Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Jack Tyler Jack Tyler is offline

Default You want a Yucatecan recipe?

The Anti-Taco Speaks wrote:
> First time I had Sopa de Lima was in the fine dining salon of the Hotel
> Chichen Itza,
> pictured at the top of this website:
>
> http://www.mayaland.com/chichenitza.htm (1)

I had the lime soup at the Mayaland Hotel you are referring to in
September of this year. Being at the back entrance (exit) at Chichen
Itza, it's kinda handy. While food is, obviously, a matter of personal
taste, I found the food there to be unremarkable. It IS, however, a
tourist high volumn restaurant in the hotel. I enjoyed the girls
dancing with beer bottles on their heads more than the food. I stayed
in Merida in the Hacienda Xcanatun...now THAT's good food.
www.xcanatun.com

Jack