Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
The Anti-Taco Speaks The Anti-Taco Speaks is offline

Default You want a Yucatecan recipe?

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> In my humble opinion posting Sopa de Lima recipe would be an impossibility.

What, cut and paste doesn't work on your machine?

> My wife and I just came back from our trip to Cancun where we had a typical
> Mexican lunch with her cousin, who is the manager at the Maya Palace resort
> hotel. His wife and mother-in-law made us Sopa de Lima, known to be the most
> authentic and well loved Yucatan dish. >

The Anti-Taco Speaks, and declares that there are culinary delights
unimagined by the proprietors
of taco stands and the paleteros who push their tamale carts near the
border. But you have to look
further than the menu on the wall...

First time I had Sopa de Lima was in the fine dining salon of the Hotel
Chichen Itza,
pictured at the top of this website:

http://www.mayaland.com/chichenitza.htm (1)

(1) Chichen Itza is too far from Cancun for a decent day trip, even if
you fly over. A day trip on a bus
is all day on the bus from early morning to late at night with only
about two hours at the ruins, giving
the tourist no time to visit the fine old hotel.