Posted to alt.food.wine
Fred[_2_] Fred[_2_] is offline

Default Larose-Trintaudon, Rogue Valley PN

"Ken Blake" > wrote in
:

> I usually think most vintages of Larose-Trintaudon are a decent value
> among inexpensive Bordeaux, but especially at $9, that sounds like a
> great buy. I wish I could find it here in Tucson for that price.

A while ago Larose-Trintaudon was our "house wine". Our local Trader Joe's
had it for $8. We changed wines after we bought a case that was cooked.
TJ's took it back with no problem. Last Summer it was 110+ for a few days
here in Nevada. It must have been mishandled during transport or left
outside during unloading. We had LT a long time ago with some steaks. We
bought the 89 and the 90 (this was a long time ago). We opened the 89 and
it was OK, but disappointing. We didn't have much hope for the 90, but it
was very good. We were surprised at how different 2 bottles from the same
vinyard could be. Our current house wine is "Big House Red" by Bonny Doon.
We like it as much or better. I forget how much it costs, but it is in the
under $10 range at case prices.

Fred.