Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Raging Chef (Aka Ben) Raging Chef (Aka Ben) is offline

Default Acorn Squash in coals??

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:21:53 -0700, wrote:

> I had Acorn squash last night that was cooked in the oven. I was
> wondering if you can cook it in there is a way to cook it in the coals
> of a fire. I was thinking that if I poked a hole in it so that it
> dosn't explode that I might be able cook it in a fire. Has any one ever
> tried this? If anybody has any ideas about how to go aobut this pleas
> let me know.

yes you can cook then "By" the coals. If you place in the coals it will
burn befor it finishes cooking. I would place it next to the coals the
turn in often. There is no need to puncture the squash. The moisture
inside will help the squash cook.

RagingChef (Aka Ben)