Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default What are the ethics regarding Fish Consumption?

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "Dutch" > wrote in message
>>
>> "pearl" > wrote
>> > "Dutch" > wrote

>> > Ipse dixit.

>> Well-documented and admitted.

> What is?

You.

**** off if you can't articulate coherent questions.

>> > What 'capabilities'?

>> Size, strength, endurance, hunting tactics, etc..etc.. all the biological
>> adapations that made hominids successful hunters.

> When? We are *still* not successful hunters using primitive weapons.

How would you know? When we develop better tools we generally use them.

>> > And bi-pedalism developed before any hunting.

> Established.

Irrelevant.

>> > What arrogance yourself. Who are you? What are *your* qualifications?

>> I didn't dismiss the bulk of anthropological science, he did that.

> No he hasn't, actually. He dismissed a certain line of thinking.

The line of thinking supported by the archeological evidence and espoused by
the rest of the scientific community. You've read the references. The
article you posted even says this.

>> > "We thoroughly examined literature available on the skulls,
>> > bones, footprints and on environmental evidence, both of our
>> > hominid ancestors and the predators that coexisted with them."

>> I'm sure the rest of the scientific community is rushing to study these
>> novel ideas. Study fossil remains!? What a concept!

> He hasn't pointed out anything scientifically contradictory.

He pronounces that he examined the evidence as if he invented the concept,
as if the rest of the scientific community, blinded by some ovewhelming bias
that he escapes, somehow neglected to do so.

>> > Argumentum ad populum. Another of those fallacies you rely on, ditch.

>> It's not a fallacy, it's a rational approach. If we are going to rely on
>> quoting articles and studies, which you appear to like to do, then what's
>> the superior approach, only quote ones that say what you want to hear, or
>> look at all of it and see what the majority says?

> You're confused.

Not in the least.

> Try addressing what has actually been said.

I have, I just choose to consider everything, not search out minority
conclusions that appear to reinforce my bias.