Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default What are the ethics regarding Fish Consumption?

"Dutch" > wrote in message ...

> "pearl" > wrote
> > "Dutch" > wrote

> [..]

> >> So what? No predator would dare attack a band of hominid warrior-hunters.

> > Yeah... you're soooo intimidating...

> Not me, a band of hominid hunters. You're damn right they were intimidating.

lol. Early |bipedal| hominids stood between 3 to 5 feet tall. Terrifying!

> > moreso than large animals with
> > teeth that deliver a real bite and sharp kicking power. Those sticks
> > you're waving about are sooo scary to *packs* of large predators.
> >
> > You are living in some fantasy-land scenario, dutch. For real.
> >
> > Run!

> You're the one living in the fantasy world miss little green men.

You can't even get your oh-so-tired ad hominem factually correct.

> Hominid
> hunter bands would NEVER be attacked by any other animal, except other
> hominids. Your perception that they were like sheep, weak and vulnerable is
> absurd, if they had been we would not be here today. Wild animals attack
> vunerable individuals.

Like an animal being run to exhaustion? You've got company.....

'The predators living at the same time as Australopithecus
afarensis were huge and there were 10 times as many as today.
There were hyenas as big as bears, as well as saber-toothed cats
and many other mega-sized carnivores, reptiles and raptors.
Australopithecus afarensis didn't have tools, didn't have big teeth
and was three feet tall. He was using his brain, his agility and his
social skills to get away from these predators. "He wasn't hunting
them," says Sussman. "He was avoiding them at all costs."

Approximately 6 percent to 10 percent of early humans were
preyed upon according to evidence that includes teeth marks
on bones, talon marks on skulls and holes in a fossil cranium
into which sabertooth cat fangs fit, says Sussman. The predation
rate on savannah antelope and certain ground-living monkeys
today is around 6 percent to 10 percent as well.

Sussman and Hart provide evidence that many of our modern
human traits, including those of cooperation and socialization,
developed as a result of being a prey species and the early human's
ability to out-smart the predators. These traits did not result from
trying to hunt for prey or kill our competitors, says Sussman.

"One of the main defenses against predators by animals without
physical defenses is living in groups," says Sussman. "In fact,
all diurnal primates (those active during the day) live in
permanent social groups. Most ecologists agree that predation
pressure is one of the major adaptive reasons for this group-living.
In this way there are more eyes and ears to locate the predators
and more individuals to mob them if attacked or to confuse them
by scattering. There are a number of reasons that living in groups
is beneficial for animals that otherwise would be very prone to
being preyed upon."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=38011

> >> See above. Man in his element fears no animal.

> > Where do you get this crap from?

> That's the million dollar question you need to answer.

I need to guess what your sources are. Interesting.

> >> It doesn't matter. There is only one kind of natural selection. Man using
> >> his adaptations is no different than a lion using his.

> > Man does or rather, did use his adaptations, but not as you claim.

> Man developing the ability to hunt with spears is no different than a lion
> developing large teeth and claws. It's the same process of natural
> selection, one is not more "natural" than the other. That whole line of
> argument is bullshit.

Your whole line of argument is demonstrably bullshit. And QED.

> >> That's not true.

> > Yes. it is. <start ad hominem spiel-->>
> >
> >> Unlike you I am not unwilling to accept facts that don't
> >> fit an agenda. You have this "animal rights" idea that precludes you from
> >> accepting any facts that don't favour that conclusion, and causes you to
> >> pollute this group with reams of selectively gathered data to support
> >> your
> >> bias. <<-- end ad hominem spiel

> > Yep... and I didn't even bother to read it first...

> I have read enough of your crap. It's always the same nonsense.

Keep on running, ditch.