Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow[_6_] Gregory Morrow[_6_] is offline

Default Chicken Thighs: The New Frontier, and a Question

Little Malice wrote:

> One time on Usenet, unge (Little Malice) said:
>
> > I have an interesting recipe for Chinese style chicken that
> > I'll post at the end, in case you're interested sometime. I
> > haven't tried it yet.

> Oops, I forgot -- like I said, I haven't tried this, but I think
> it's something to play with:
>
> Chinese Style Chicken
>
> 1 chicken, cut up
> 4 tbsp. soy sauce
> 2 tbsp. vinegar
> 3/4 C. ketchup
> 1/4 C. water
> 1/2 C. brown sugar
> 1 onion, diced
> 1/2 green pepper, diced
> Dash of garlic powder
>
> Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken. Bake 1 1/2
> hours at 375º F. Spoon sauce over chicken while cooking.

I've done something similar from a Madhur Jaffrey Asian cook book, it was
called "Korean Chicken". It used chicken parts (I used thighs) and it had
carrots and potato pieces along with LOTS of garlic and chili/hot sauce. I
did it in the electric skillet, it's an easy one - dish meal...

--
Best
Greg