Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default What are the ethics regarding Fish Consumption?

"Dutch" > wrote in message ...

> "pearl" > wrote in message

> > <..>
> >> Requesting that a poster snip some of 42kb of included text is hardly
> >> being
> >> a control freak.

> > Leaving the context intact was warranted.

> How so? He did not respond to 98% of it. In fact when he did respond all he
> did was cry "Ad hominem, Ad hominem!"

To show the extent of the evasion and lies, and Paul said more than just that.

> >> Being able to successfully run down prey (yes, a man can outrun a horse)

> > No, a man cannot successfully outrun a horse.

> Yes he can..
>
> LOS ANGELES TIMES "When it comes to long-distance running, however, a
> healthy human jogger can outrun most animals, sustaining a pace of 24km a
> day or more for extended periods of time."

In the race described below, the horse runs 27km in one hour and 28 minutes.

Left eating dust. Endurance hunting is acknowledged as unusual and rare.

The way I've seen it done (on a t.v docu') is tracking on the run in desert a
medium-size animal (a Kudu - type of antelope) in the hot mid-day sun, not
allowing the animal time to rest and recover. Try that on predator-inhabited
grassland, through abundant growth, and it'll be you who attracts attention..

> > 'An American long-distance runner has proved that two legs are sometimes
> > faster than four by beating a horse in a 50-mile race in the desert.
> > ..
> > The 42-year-old runner completed the race in five hours and 45 minutes.
> >
> > ***** Advantage
> >
> > He was able to take advantage of rules saying the horse must make
> > two 40-minute food and water breaks. *****
> > ...'
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/an...00/1804830.stm
> >
> > Get within sight in pursuit, and he's *away*!

> Not if he is surrounded.

You won't get anywhere near, and it'll be you who's probably surrounded.

> >> then surround and kill it with a spear is all the physical capability
> >> required. Surviviors can run the longest distance, throw spears the most
> >> accurately, and work well in teams. There was no need to develop
> >> lion-like
> >> claws and teeth, therefore it didn't happen. In fact such mutations would
> >> probably be considered unattractive and be selected out.

> > So let me get this straight... you are claiming that humans developed
> > the ability to outrun large animals in distance but not speed and not
> > the faintest indication of claws and fangs to sieze and then eat them,
> > nor any other biological adaptation pertaining to carnivorous habits.

> Endurance is a biological adaptation. Lions developed through natural
> selection, so did man.

See what you've snipped.

> > Lets look at another example:

> Let's not, since you are an stubborn ass who won't accept the most basic
> facts.

Since you are the stubborn ass who won't accept the most basic facts.