Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Chicken Thighs: The New Frontier, and a Question

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> I generally discard marinades that were used for raw chicken... unless
> it had alcohol in it. Then I feel safe using it for a cooked sauce.
>
> But that's just me. ;-)

You know, I think I will. Just to be on the safe side. Plus, as Lyn pointed
out,
I am not sure the marinade will taste good cooked down, and the chicken is
going to be overcooked by the time it is, George's excellent point.

Where do you get arrowroot?

> Baking or grilling (or broiling) would give you the carmelized sauce you
> are craving better than pot simmering I think?

Yes, now that you mention it, this makes sense to me.

> Opinions of the above may differ...
> but tequila makes a wonderful addition to marinades.

Indeed it does, I myself was marinated in straight tequila a few times
in my youth.