Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Bday wines, with arteries clogging (2 Bdx, 2 Barolos, Burg, Loires, NZ, etc)

You and I have different ideas about what is mature in a Barolo (I
think the '82s are there, and some '78s and '85s. While most '94s and
'93s are ready, good '95s aren't).
Your quotes are from Robin Garr. I've dined with Robin and his wife
Mary the last two times he has come to NY, he has never had an
objection to my double-decanting wines (1983-1995) well before dinner.
It's pretty clear from your lists of wines that you think you like
Italian wines, but actually just like F_____ oak.
Oops, sorry folks, knew I wasn't to respond.