Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rhonda Anderson[_1_] Rhonda Anderson[_1_] is offline

Default What to serve?

Chatty Cathy > wrote in
:

> Rhonda Anderson wrote:
>

>> Just curious - Cathy, is lamb commonly eaten in South Africa? I know
>> that it's not a terribly popular meat in the US, so understand
>> Christine's comment.
>>
>> It is a commonly eaten, popular meat here though. I'm just wondering
>> what the South African experience is.
>>

> Lamb is very popular here too - the Karoo lamb is delish! I love roast
> leg of lamb. Lamb "braai" (BBQ) chops are a regular thing at most
> BBQ's here in the summertime (which is just starting here YAY!), along
> with our "boerewors", of course

Thanks Cathy. Thought it might be a similar situation to Australia, but I
wasn't sure.

Have you sorted out what you're serving yet? I do agree with the people
who've mentioned cold selections. Most of the training courses and
conferences I've been involved in have had gourmet sandwich selections or
other finger type food (mini quiches, fried things like spring rolls
etc.) and then cheese and fruit platters. Usually just water and maybe
something like Minties (chewy mint lollies) on the table during the
actual sessions. Morning and afternoon tea have ranged from a packet of
biscuits to selections of pastries, muffins, scones - that type of thing.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia